Monday, May 7, 2007

Tech enhanced learning mentorship

Tapped In was an interesting project for me this semester, when we first learned how to do it was nervous about posting so I didn't. That's where most of my problems with technology comes from, being nervous about it and so I don't do it, so I won't be disappointed in my final results. Well, I eventually had to post, getting reminders from Sheryl that I was behind and so I started typing. It was interesting, because I really didn't think that people would respond so fast. One minute I had a response to someone's and the next someone had a response to my post, it was really cool to see. I also saw that when someone did need help with a problem that was happening they had a bunch of answers a couple hours later. I also saw that people really enjoyed it once they started posting and reading what people replied wit, so I started posting and low and behold I liked it. I wish I hadn't waited so long because I had to post a BUNCH all at one time, but I'm just glad that I got to experience it. Hopefully next time I'll just do it instead of hesitating.
Though I was a little hesitant I'm glad that I got to experience Tapped In, because I'm sure somewhere in my future their will be things that I don't want to try (because of nerves) but this has shown me that new things can be fun, helpful, and interesting to learn about. So thank you everyone (if you read this, especially Sheryl) for showing me that I don't need to be an expert at something to just try.

No comments: